Sunday, February 6, 2011

Let the weight loss begin

Am I the only one out here who seems to gain the "holiday five" every year?  Wouldn't be so bad if I lost it before the next time the holidays rolled around, but that ain't happening. I've never been a skinny minnie but, I've never considered myself as "fat" much  less "obese."  Overweight, yes... but obese?? 

I'm 5'7" and 42 years old and for the first time in my life, my doctor told me I needed to lose weight.  The thing is... I had come to that conclusion myself a month earlier. I decided I'm beyond "diet" and needed to change my eating habits. Now I'm trying to be aware of caloric value and portion control... My ultimate goal is to lose 44 lbs.   As of the start of this blog I have lost 12 lbs.!!

I'm now a lot more aware of labels and ingredients... I love veggies, so I'm ahead of the game there... or so I thought.  I found a book online that warns us of the hidden ingredients inside our food. The site looks a little cheesy, but the author is entertaining and the information is valid. It's worth checking out... visit this link to learn more. And ...when at all possible... "buy fresh, buy local!"

I'm going to be tracking my progress on this blog. Would love to hear your battle tales and words of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment